A fresh, statement-making fragrance is just the thing to lift your mood, update your sense of style and fall wardrobe. Here are fall’s most irresistable scents.
1. Lady Gaga’s FAME is probably the most talked about launch for Fall. It’s the first ever black-to-clear fragrance. The floral scent is inspired by Belladonna, a nightshade flower linked by haunted beauties of the 18th century. The clear bottle, shaped like an egg, features a claw-inspired cap and the words “Ultimate Masterpiece” inscribed along the side. Eau de Parfum 50ml $59. Available at Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix, Sephora.
2. Givenchy’s Dahlia Noir has a sophisticated floral, woody scent, and all the refinement of a true Givenchy. Eau de Toilette 50ml $77. Available at the Bay, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sephora.
3. Destined to be a best seller, Chanel’s Coco Noir is inspired by Gabrielle Chanel’s love of black and Venice Italy. It’s been 11 years since the last Coco fragrance was launched in 2001, Coco Mademoiselle. EDP 50ml $112. Available at Chanel Beauty Counters.
4. Halle Berry’s Closer is a fresh floral fragrance with mimosa, which is one of her favourite flowers. Closer is Halle’s fifth fragrance. the first being launched in 2009. EDP Spray 30ml $35. Available at drug stores and mass retailers across Canada.
5. Eclat d`Arpege Gourmandise by Lanvin is a limited edition light, fruity floral fragrance in a delicious bottle decorated with macaroons and candies. EDP 50ml $95. Available at Ogilvy and perfume counters.
6. Aura Swarovski has notes of lychee, white jasmine and rose which produce a fresh and airy fragrance. EDT 75ml. $96. Available at select Bay stores.
7. Vera Wang’s Lovestruck charms the senses with notes of champagne and apricot, pink passion flower and white amber. EDP 50ml $79. Available at fragrance retailers across Canada.